How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I applied to court paternity so I could get

Customer Question

I applied to court for declaration paternity so I could get further leave to remain and will they look into my immigration status if I'm illegal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first?Do you mean will the Court look at it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I mean will the family court look into my status and I'm illegal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm illegal in uk and I applied for declaration paternity at family court so I could add my name on birth certificate as father and apply for leave to remain. The court case is in January and I'm nervous to attend the court due to my status
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
The court will not have notified the Border Agency of the position - but of course your ex may have done so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are right. I have my sons birth certificate and my name is ***** ***** it. I'm thinking to make an application (FLR) a day before the court hearing. I can send the new bc to the ukba after the hearing date
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You do realise you will need to prove contact not paternity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told paternity. I'm on my step sons birth certificate and I apply with that one instead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live with my step child n his mom
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry - why are you named on your step son's birth certificate?