How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have put my divorce on hold as we reconciled

Customer Question

I have put my divorce on hold as we reconciled for 5 months, but it's hasn't worked out. I would now like to continue with my divorce petition can I apply for my decree nisi? Or do I need to make a new divorce application.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow far had the divorce reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's at the courts payment has been made, they have reacieved all paper work before you apply for decree nisi. Also he is not defending the case
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They said I need to seek legal advice if I can continue on this divorce petition
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And apply for decree nisi or make a new application
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Exactly how long did the reconciliation last for - this is VERY important!
Has he returned the Acknowledgement of Service?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the agreement has been sent back 5 months
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Are you now living apart?