How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have parental rights son age 7 years, the courts gave

This answer was rated:

I have parental rights for my son age 7 years, the courts gave his mother visitation rights of every other weekend and every Wednesday after school but she has not been seeing him now for the past 9 months she is due to go to criminal court in March for an alleged unprovoked acid attack, she has got in contact with me today saying she wants to see my son how do I stand in the eyes of the law with this problem?
Hi, thanks for your question.
Your son has the right to have a relationship with her, however if there are concerns regarding the level of care she will provide him, or if there are concerns of possible abuse then contact should be restricted until the concerns have been alleviated.
You will need to restore the matter court to vary the current order, the ongoing criminal case will be disclosed and the CAFCASS officer who reports to the court with recommendations will likely state that there should be a wait until the conclusion of the criminal case, given the seriousness of the charge against her before a recommendation for continuation of direct contact is made. In the meantime, it will be in your sons interest for you to think about there to be telephone contact.
This can be done under form C100 to the family court that made the order.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you