How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good Afternoon, Would my daughter get Legal Aid to enforce

This answer was rated:

Good Afternoon, Would my daughter get Legal Aid to enforce her son's biological father (unmarried) to visit the child ( Boy Nine years ) separated for 7 years. My Daughter is a Care Assistant Part Time on low wage.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that the answer is no for two entirely separate reasons.Legal Aid is no longer available for Children cases unless there is a recent history of domestic violenceHowever in any event no Court can force the father to see the child and turn up for arranged visits.The best that can be done is an Order that states when such visits take place - and that if one is missed then there will be no other contact until the next set date - and it does not sound as though this would be helpful in this casePlease ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My thanks for your answer it would appear that there is not a lot that can be done. ( Will i be charged for this answer.)
The only option could be to try and get her ex to discuss matters with her using Family mediation and a mediator trained to work with young people - but it is at best a forlorn hope
(all follow ups are covered by the one accept do NOT press accept again)