How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been very unhappily married years. Can you tell

This answer was rated:

I have been very unhappily married for 40 years. Can you tell me what my rights
are. My husband is worth about 4 million but it was inherited from his parents. What
Rights do I have financially.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What are the actual assets - houses? investments?Do you have any children together?What income do you each have?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The assets are land and inherited shares worth altogether approx: 4 million
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have one daughter together. Her rent is paid by us and I have an allowance of £750 per month and access to
The joint account
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We live in a barn worth 1.1 million and my husband has money in the Isle of Mann
The fact that you have been together for more than forty years means that the starting point for division of the assets is 50/50 despite the fact that the assets were inherited.
Your husband can argue that he should have more because of the inheritance - and it is indeed likely that your share will be under the £2million - but not by much
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I do have more questions so may I call you very soon
Of course - you can ask for me at any time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to pack a suitcase and go but where can I go. My stepson lives in Mexico and my daughter is very
I'll with Anexoria. Do you think it would be right to check into a hotel?Susan Ashtown
If you have the money and you need the break then go and have a break while you decide what to do next
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I just got your reply. But where can I live and what happens if my husband cuts off my access to money!
You must speak to a solicitor face to face as soon as posisble to establish your way forward - you have a clear claim and in fact the solicitor can apply for an order that your ex gives you money for fees.