How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

Hallo, I'm in UK 2 years now and I came on marital

Hallo, I'm in UK for... Show More
Hallo, I'm in UK for almost 2 years now and I came on marital visa.Me and my husband are in marriage for four and a half years and since I had start working our relationship is not so good. Every time when we have fight he is threatening that he will kick me out and send me out from country. I'm mentally tired and I don't know what to do anymore.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Hi, thanks for your question.
Do you feel threatened or afraid when you have a fight? Has he physically assaulted you? If you do or any incident has happened, then you should inform the police and consider taking out a non-molestation order (an injunction) from your local family court under form FL401 to protect you.
It is not for him to decide whether you leave the UK or not. If you were to separate you will need to inform the Home Office and they will decide how to deal with you. In incident of domestic violence the Home Office can accept this in support of you making an application for leave to remain in the UK.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
He did pulled my hand several time and even made me bruises but I never went to police because I tought that it will stop. He thinks that he is having power because my first visa is expiry in November this year and I'm not part of European Union.
You will need to consider extending the spousal visa before it expires and then making an application to settle in the UK - this can be made if he is a British Citizen or he is settled in the UK, but you must have lived together in the UK for two years or more.
If you can evidence the domestic violence (eg. a police caution or an injunction) then you can apply to settle under the category of domestic violence and you would not need to have been settled for at least 2 years in the UK to pursue under this category.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I understand that, but the main issue is that he doesn't wanna me to extend visa and I can't apply without him.
Do you have any children together, if so how old are they and do they live with you?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
No we don't have children
Is your husband a British citizen or settled in the UK?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Settled in the UK, he never took a passport even he is here more then 22 years
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
We meet each other in my country six years ago and we were dating for two years and then got married
Thank you. In the circumstances, you either would have to apply to settle under the category of domestic violence, or if you cannot prove this then convincing the Home Office for you to remain in the UK under compassionate grounds.
I would advise that if there are any further incidents of domestic violence that you consider contacting the police to deal with.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thank u for your help
I hope it goes well.
Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you