How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Me and the wife have seperated 6 months ago, she did not

Customer Question

Hi, me and the wife have seperated 6 months ago, she did not let me meet the children until now when I can meet them for a couple of hours on sunday.
How do I get to meet the children or keep the children for a couple of days please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How old are the children and what is her basis for the current limited contact time with the children?
I would suggest that initially you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones her: to assist you reaching a formal agreement that is in the children's interests. If mediation does not assist, the mediator will sign you off and you will be able to make an application to court for a child arrangement order to your local family court under form C100.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!