How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter has a half brother and half sister on her fathers

Customer Question

My daughter has a half brother and half sister on her fathers side. He has split from the mum. After many rows she is not allowed to see the kids
She misses them and is so upset, she is 9 and they are around 7 and 4
Can I get access for her through the court system??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How have you attempted to make arrangements for the sibling contact to take place?
It is each child's right to have a relationship with siblings and half-siblings.
Initially I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: who will assist you and the main carer of the child to reach an agreement in the children's best interests. If this fails then you can pursue an application to court under C100 for a child arrangement order to your local family court.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!