James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

We are in the process of adopting siblings but the older one

Customer Question

We are in the process of adopting siblings but the older one is demonstrating aggressive and devious behaviour towards the younger one to the point where we fear for her safety. Social workers are doing nothing as care order states they should stay together. We are desperate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anyone there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and how long have they been in your care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are 6&4 and have been with us for 7 months. The older one even climbed a stair gate to hit the younger one after we had put them to bed. We are in the process of adopting them
Have you considered withdrawing from the process?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem we have is the little one and her will stay together and I worry that her sister will get worse towards her. We have asked to pursue the adoption with the little one but they are saying we have to do both of none.
I understand your deep concerns on the issue.
What support/counselling for the child has been offered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have asked their social worker to speak to Where the kids came from to see what they offer, I have referred for early family support through school. We have spoken to adoption team "behavioural specialist" but nothing is working for her. Behaviour is escalating rather than getting better.
Have you been referred to CAMHS?I have to ask - will you give up rather than carry on if need be?