How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

My and my ex brought a house together a few years ago. We split

and i wanted to pay... Show More
and i wanted to pay him of from house, but he said, that he not agree his half of house sell to me. Or we stay both in a house or we can sell it. But i have a 14 years old son and I don't want to move and stressed him and leave the school where is his friends. And either I spend more money in a house last year which he refused to pay me but he still want a half of house if we sell it. Did I have any chances to sorted out this issue with a solicitor? Is it worth pay him if he refused sell his half to me? I have already money to pay him of.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi Claire, valuation was done for 180 000 and outstanding mortgage is 126600.
How much have you offered your ex and doe she have a reason for refusing (other than being a prat?)
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
I said i will pay him a half . he just doesn't want me to stay . He can,'t pay me of
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
He is just like to play with my. He nit really interesting about a house. Is he could refused to sell to my his half?
HiIs he violent at all?Clare
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
No thanks for that, but if is hid daughter come for weekends he sit with her al day in living room without asking me if he can. We had a lots of arguments about how he spoil hid daughter a teaching her to be selfish. After nearly 5 years of relationship she ignoring me like his new partner and event can't say hello when she comes to our house. That why i said to him i want to finish our relationship and sort a house. I can't live with him if he can't accept anything i want.
If he will not agree to your buying his share then you will have to apply to the Court for an order for the Sale of the Property - and for an Order that he pay the costs of the application.
Whilst the Court order him to sell his share to you the Court can set a sale price - and there is no reason why you cannot be the purchaser
In any event it is likely that once he realises the extra costs involved then your ex may wish to save money and settle quickly.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details