My second husband and I have been married 4 years.

My second husband and I have been married for nearly 4 years. I have 2 sons 17 and 13 who live with me. My husband pays £500 per month plus a third of the food bills as I get Maintenance money from my ex husband. I'm not happy and I want to split up but I'm worried about losing the house to my second husband, can you tell me roughly what I can expect to have to pay him in settlement. For 3 years he paid £1200 per month part of which went into a savings account which we used to pay for holidays etc. I paid £18,000 off of the mortgage last April which was part of an endowment policy that matured. There is approximately £185,000 equity in the house, which has appreciated by approximately £35,000 since we've been together. Thank you for your help.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long have you actually lived together?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ClareWe got married in Feb 12 and have lived together for a just under a year more than that. The house was recently valued at £285,000. When we first got together it was valued at approx £250,000. The outstanding amount on the mortgage is currently approx £100,000. I earn £28,000 per annum. He is a self employed builder and earns approx £20,000 per annum. We have a car worth about £3,000 and no other debt.
What about the Savings Account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We no longer have a savings account, since he reduced the money he pays into the house. At the time of dissolving the savings account we spilt the money in the account 50/50.
How much would a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy?
Hi Selina
I hope that helped
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Clare.