How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and her boyfriend now legal own the marital home. He

This answer was rated:

My wife and her boyfriend now legal own the marital home.
He won't allow me on the property .As my children live there has he the right to stop me with ref to seeing my children
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there any need to go on the property to collect the children?
How old are the chidlren?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No need to go on property.
The children are 7,twins
HiI am afraid that when he is there he is certainly entitled to say that you cannot come onto the property - however petty that may be.The fact that the children live there makes no difference - in any event in the event of an emergency he woul dnot be bale to stop you - but in general terms yes.However when he is not there it is up to your ex who she allows in!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you do I have any rights at all?
In respect of the property no - in respect of the chidlren - of course!