How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am about to marry my fiancée in april. He was previously

This answer was rated:

I am about to marry my fiancée in april. He was previously married for just over a year to and his ex wife is now trying to claim his property. The house was paid by himself and when he married his ex wife he put her names on the deeds too.... my partner has been paying for the mortgage since he purchased his house and also has proof of documentation for the house purchase. they have a child together too but my ex has no relationship with the child. Can his ex still claim and would she be able to get half his property or more?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute?
Who currently lives in the property?
How old is the child?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income do they each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the decree came through in September last year. he lives in the property and she lives with her parents who own a few properties themselves. the child is 2 now. the house is worth £400,000 and £300,000 is still owing. He has some property in india and his income is £25k and hers is the same too....
How much would a two bedroom property in the same area that his ex currently live sin cost to buy?
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
perhaps £250,000