How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a child arrangements order in my favour specifying my

This answer was rated:

I have a child arrangements order in my favour specifying my two children live with me. Kids have not seen mother for 2 years.I have re-married an Australian citizen and we have a new baby as well. We want to move to Australia.Obviously i need to seek a child arrangements order to remove the children from the UK however my question is do I obtain my visa first or go to court first?I did have a free half hour session with a solicitor 6 months ago about this and whilst she had no experience at all with leave to remove she said in order for court to consider my application I would need to have my visa in place. Since then i have met and spoken to a few people on an online forum of people who move to Aus and some of those people have been trough leave to remove cases and they have all said they went to court WITHOUT the visa.I should say that I do intend to ask the birth mother for her permission first, but i assume she will deny.Do i apply for visa first or go to court and get permission first?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you In fact you will not get the Visa unless you have either Consent or a Court Order.Given the length of the Visa process you should start both at the same time.You are applying for Leave to Remove!Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand I would not get the visa granted for the children (without a court order) so what I was going to do was apply for MY visa first, then if granted go to Court and then if court awards in my favour apply for kids ? I spoke to australia house today and they said we could do that, but it does sound convoluted !!So you would say apply for both at the same time ? And even if the visa hasnt yet been granted the court can still rule?
HiThe Court can and will rule based on your plans and evidenceSince it costs money to apply to court it might be wise to check that you can indeed go first!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
" check that you can indeed go first!" - you mean check that i would be entitled to a visa ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry to ask multiple questions but i just need you to clarify that one last point
Yes that is what I meant!
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you ever so much, very much appreciated Claire, thank you :)DAVID
Hi David
You are most welcome I hope all goes well