How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My friend's Secondary school child will stay with me from outside

Customer Question

my friend's Secondary school child will stay with me from outside london. He will stay with me during school term. I need to change his school to my local secondary school. As he is not happy with his current school now, so want to change to my local. He will change to same school as my son going.
I called the education department , I was asked to show the guidian letter between me and he child's parent. However, I am not clear what kind of letter, as I am not fostering. it just helping my friend without any payment issue.
what do i need to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.This is a private fostering arrangement - for the term time only.The parents will need to write a letter authorising you to deal with all educational and health needs whilst he is with your.You should also notify the Local Authority that you have the child in your care hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare