How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

My son has a 10 month old daughter. He is allowed visiting

for hours twice each week... Show More
for hours twice each week. His name is ***** ***** birth certificate as the father and he pays an allowance exceeding the CSA approved amount. The mother will not allow him to bring the child to our home. Is there a legal age(I have heard 3 years old). If not what age is sensible. Can my son insist.l
d)At what age
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Hi, thanks for your question.
There is no "legal age" that a child can go to either parents home and the child has a right to a relationship with both parents, which will include direct contact. Such contact can only be stopped if there are concerns about the level of care provided to the child, and in the absence of such concerns the mother should be allowing your son to see the child.
In the first instance your son should make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: to assist them in reaching an agreement. If mediation does not assist, then your son will be able to pursue a court application under form C100 to his local family court, together with a £215 court fee for a child arrangement order to see his son.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.