How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a registered sex offender(I know, lowest of the low).I

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am a registered sex offender(I know, lowest of the low).I have a lady friend who has 2 teenage girls. I have no intention of going to her house or contacting her children yet my friend is being threatened with the removal of her children even though her and her husband have had full disclosure from my probation and the police. Does she have any rights at all?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need further information firstWhat exactly has she been told?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, as far as I know she has been told that if we remain friends or maintain any social contact, she may lose her children.She has also been told to complete a home course on 'grooming' as it has been decided that my only interest in her is her children.Herself and her husband have been given full disclosure of my offences and my probation say we can be friends but social services now say different. She just does not know her rights in any of this.
How did Social Services become involved at all?How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The police and probation contacted social services when I told them of my friendship,which I had to. The children are 13 and 16 years old, the 16 year old has adhd and has a mental age nearer 9 or 10. My offence involved a girl of 15.
How much contact does she have with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
officially none, unofficially she sees me twice a week over at mine, just her on her own, no children,
I am afraid that your friend will have to make a decisionShe will have to do the course and she may well have to decide between her friendship with you and her childrenShe is of course entitled to continue the friendship - and then Social Services will have to take action and the court will decide whether or not her friendship with you puts the children at riskHowever whilst this is happening the children may well be put in foster carePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you