How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a written contact order to stay in contact with

Customer Question

I have a written contact order for me to stay in contact with my 6 year old son 3 times a year since April 2014 through a third party address. This has worked fine up until Christmas when my letter which I track every time has not been signed for at the third party address.
I have rent the letter and against has not been signed for.
What should I do to ensure my son continues to get my letters as I am not allowed to directly contact ( and don't even know her address ).
Do I contact the court and let them issues a summons?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes the child still live in England so far as you are aware?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the child lives with his mother in Hereford.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Is the third party a relative?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no he is the ex boyfriend of the mother of my son

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Your way forward is to apply to the court to enforce the Order using a Form C79 you do not have an address the Court will have to deal with serving it!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare