How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner and i seperated 10 years ago, i remained in the

Customer Question

My partner and i seperated 10 years ago, i remained in the property with our sons and he mortgaged another property. I have paid the mortgage on our joint property since he left, he also had £5,000 as a deposit for his new home and his loan cleared of £4,000. I am wanting to remortgage in my name but he believes he is entitled to half of the equity even though no payments have been made by him. Where do i stand with this please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Just a bit more information required to answer your question:
-Are you in England/Wales
-Were married to him?
-Ages of the children
-What contributions were made at time of purchase of the property
-Are there any formal agreements regarding the property (if you are unmarried)
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.