How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

How will the courts react to me withdrawing or adjourning a

This answer was rated:

how will the courts react to me withdrawing or adjourning a child access application where the court have ordered a section 37 report to be commissioned based on some wild allegations by my missus.However my missus has indicated she may considering coming back and living with me. I'm not saying I'm going to blindly say yes comeback but I should explore the option so my question is assuming the section 37 report comes out to be somewhat ok,Also would it be feasible to suggest this at the next hearing (assuming the s37 report is ok)?
Hi, thank you for your question.
Withdrawal of the proceedings will be for you to decide and an order by agreement with the mother can be made at the next hearing to withdraw the application and no order to be made.
However, you will need to consider if this is the best option for you and the children, as if things do not work out you will need to possibly pursue a further court application in the future.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That was my chain of thought as well. However I'm guessing adjourning the proceedings for let's say 3 months while we try sort it out ourselves will also be an option? If not then let's continue.
The court will want to see that it is appropriate and necessary to adjourn - otherwise an order would need to be made at the earliest opportunity once all the relevant evidence is made available to the court.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you