How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

This is a message please,You have helped me with

This answer was rated:

This is a message for Clare please,You have helped me with the General Form of Order - Ancillary Relief from the Court, in this order my Ex wife is to pay 50% of a loan we both had that is secured on my property, I have written to her telling her that she still needs to pay me but I have not had a response. Can you please advise on my next steps to enforce the order, remembering that the order was to pay the bank, would I need to get that changed to pay me first?Thank you
HiHas she actually defaulted yet - if so how much does she owe?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate you receive many questions but if you remember I did send you a copy of the order, my ex has not paid for 14 months making the arrears £3,577.56 and also she has now made herself bankrupt, also in my last question to you you did advise me that this can not be included in her bankruptcy, this has now been confirmed by the official receivers office, they have also notified her that the payments still need to be paid
I remembered the gist not the details!
The way forward is to enforce the order using a form D50K - available online.
You need to do so as soon as possible as you need permission to enforce arrears more than 12 months old.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, I have download the D50K and will file with the court. I believe the only answer is a attachment of earnings, I know my ex is working for the Royal Mail but that is all I know, is there anyway of getting her to disclose her income etc?
This will be part of the court process - she will have to give details of her income and then it is likely there will be an attachment of earnings order in your favour
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help, I have filed with the court the form D50K, can you please tell me what to expect now?
The Court should send you a date within the next few weeks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clare,I have received letter from the court, please see file attached along with my application, does this mean I filled out the form incorrect?Any help pleaseThank You
Do not worry - it is a matter of rewording the applictaion - I shall look at it later!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you manage to have a look?
Sorry - yes i didDo you have a copy of the Order itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you mean the original General Form of Order please see attached
OkNow the way forward is to apply to commit her to prison for the failure to keep to the UndertakingThe process is described here is no reason why you should not use a D11 are applying for her to be committed to Court for the breach of the undertaking to pay!Clare