How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I work in France, my ex wife lives in UK with my 2 Children,

This answer was rated:

Hello, I work in France, my ex wife lives in UK with my 2 Children, do I have any rights to contest her partner being around my children. I am in contact with my children on a regular basis and am back in UK every 4-6 weeks, my children are constantly complaining about the living arrangements and how they are treated when he is around, can I take this further? While he has been living in the house my ex wife and partner argue on a regular basis, this has now been going on for 10 years, the girls are now at an age where they discuss these matters with me, the girls are aged 16 and 17, I am back to visit my daughters this weekend and will need to confront my ex wife again on this topic, can you please advise?
Hi, thanks for your question.
You can raise your concerns regarding this issue with her, however, given their ages you are unable to take the matter to court as, unless there are exceptional circumstances the court will not make any orders regarding children past the age of 16.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you