How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I dont know what to do...4 weeks ago i give a birth

Customer Question

Hello...i dont know what to do...4 weeks ago i give a birth to my little girl...week later i have argument with my boyfriend who is now my ex...i attack him because he was bulling me im bad mum..i loose control and had emotional breakdown...before that',when i was preagnent he was violent to me...the problem is he wants access to girl takeing around to his family...but she is to little and i breastfeding...he sad if im not doing what he sad he will send me to court...he has evidence of that...i dont have nithing...what will happen in court...? Did i will loose my parents response for my girl? I apologise to him after but now we have disagreements how we can see here...i personally think she is too small to be taking around his family home...He dont wanna come and see here if im around. ..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem is he dont want anymore relationship with me...he only wants access to baby...he left because off attack. ..i try to apologise and sort out thinks but he dont the moment im living in rented property which i need to live by 29 february...i had no where to go and waiting for concil to find a place where to live...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Your daughter has a right to a relationship with both parents and you should attempt to reach an agreement directly with him on how he will see her. His family do not automatically have a right to see your daughter and any contact between him and your daughter would be for his benefit and your daughter's benefit.
As a first point of call you should make a referral to an independent mediator who can assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement. You can find local mediators here:
If he went to court he can apply for a child arrangement order either for your daughter to live with him, or for time to spend with her. The court will look at all the facts of the case (including the abuse between both of you) and decide what is in your daughter's best interest.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.