How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I wrote an e-mail/letter to my husband's solicitor disclosing

This answer was rated:

I wrote an e-mail/letter to my husband's solicitor disclosing my financial information and my husband told me that his solicitor would not respond to me unless I instructed a solicitor, which I cannot afford to do. Is he lying or can his solicitor simply choose not to respond? I am preparing another e-mail/letter to write to his solicitor but I feel that I'm being ignored but I have to advise them of my situation. Should I just send it anyway?
Also, I am on benefits and cannot afford to pay legal costs for this divorce. My husband said he would get a loan and I could pay him back. I don't want to be financially tied to him but I can't afford to get my own loan either. Can I represent myself and would this be a cheaper option for me? I'm really stuck as to what to do as I have no money to pay for legal costs.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe only basis on which his solicitors could do this is if their client - your ex - instructed them not to respond to you.You are allowed to represent yourself if you wish - and many people do - and the solicitor would neither be surprised nor have any problem in dealing with you directly.I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need any further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you