How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a daughter with my partner we have been living together

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a daughter with my partner we have been living together for nearly 4 years he has asked me and daughter to leave but I have no where else to go it's his property
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is abusive and violent at times threatening to kill us both grabbing my throat coming at me with knife etc. I have a property couple hundred miles away but I gave up my full
Time job to look after our daughter however I work two days a week in Birmingham where I currently reside with him and daughter. My daughter also goes nursery twice a week 6 mins from
His house. There is no work for me in Devon only birmingham
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, thanks for your question.
Have the police been informed of the abuse?
Even though the property is in his own name, you are able to apply to court for twonorders given the situation. These are a non-molestation order and occupation order. This can be done under form FL401 to your local family court and can be done on an urgent basis. You need to provide a statement explaining the incidents and risks to you and your daughter.
The Non-Molestation order will prevent further abuse and breach of this is a criminal offence. The occupation order will exclude him from the property.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you