How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Another quick Q if that's OK.. I have asked my husband to

This answer was rated:

Another quick Q if that's OK.. I have asked my husband to refrain from having the children in contact with this other man and he has refused. I am making a mediation appointment on Monday to try that before going for a prohibited steps order. In the interim, I have kept the children home with me until this is resolved as he has made it clear that the other man will see them. Am I within my rights to withhold access on these grounds until the situation is resolved?
Thanks. If there are concerns about this man when they have contact with him and the father is not addressing these concerns, then you are within your rights to stop the arrangements until resolution is reached.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok that's great. In regards ***** ***** 16 year old, if she chooses to stay with her dad full time and see this man, is there nothing I can do? At 16 I'm guessing I have no control over where she chooses to be like I do with the 2, 9 and 14 year old?
Yes, as she is 16 she is free to make her own decisions.
Your 14 year old can provide his/her views and the court will consider this given the age, however the 2 and 9 year old are still too young for the court to fully rely on their wishes.
Harris and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you