How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I would like to leave the uk and return to australia with my

Customer Question

I would like to leave the uk and return to australia with my child. Is there any way my ex can stop me? He is on the birth certificate and doesn't want me to leave. Also there is an assessment with social services currently taking place can that prevent me going?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you
I am afraid that you will need either the agreement of your ex or an Order from the Court to take your child back to Australia (unless the child is over 16)
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details