How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I was married to an ex army man years. We had 2 children

This answer was rated:

I was married to an ex army man for 15 years. We had 2 children whilst he was in the forces. Since our divorce I have never received one penny maintenance for my children. We married in 1976 and divorced in 1991
Hi, thanks for your question.
Please confirm what you require assistance with.
How old are the children and have you ever made an application to the child support agency / child maintenance service?
Have you remarried since the divorce, and was there a financial settlement?
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The children r now 35 and 39 I tried child support agency but he never worked I got 5p per annum awarded through the court but I didn't get that either.i remarried and divorced no monies was given to me as a financial settlement the 2nd marriage was 6 years and no children
Thanks for the confirmation.
In relation to the first marriage, as there was no child maintenance liability as calculated by the CSA at the time, he is not obligated to provide you any maintenance as he was not working.
In relation to the 5p per annum spousal maintenance, this should have ended upon your remarriage.
Was there a further financial settlement from your second marriage?