How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If we both have parental responsibility and our child holds

Customer Question

If we both have parental responsibility and our child holds dual citizenship and has a New Zealand and UK passport, as I am only a New Zealand citizen and am here in the UK on a visa can I take my daughter back to New Zealand without her dads permission?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that you can only take the child back to New Zealand if your ex agrees or you have the permission of the court.Of course your visa position will be very important in respect of any "leave to remove applictaion" that you may have to makePlease ask if you need further detailsClare