How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner is 4 months pregnant and she has decided to end

This answer was rated:

My partner is 4 months pregnant and she has decided to end the relationship.
What are my rights for the unborn child and access
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, thanks for your question.
The child will have a right to a relationship with both you and the mother, so this will include seeing you. The mother should be promoting this unless there are concerns regarding the level of care provided to the child by you.
In relation to other rights, if you are married to her at the time of birth, or if she puts your name as the father on the birth certificate you will have parental responsibility and therefore have the right to be consulted in relation to any major decisions regarding the child's life, such as health, education and religion.
Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will it be possible to have shared custody of the child?
It will be considered child arrangements for the child to live with both of you - there is no longer terms such as custody or residence. But yes, such an arrangement can be negotiated between you and the mother, and if she does not agree you can pursue an application to court for such an arrangement.