How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35214
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

We have left our bungalow daughter to inherit. One of

Customer Question

We have left our bungalow for my daughter to inherit. One of my grandsons is living with us, how do I make sure the house will go to my daughter
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is your specific concern regarding the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will she be able to get my grandson to move out or will he have any legal rights on the house.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How old is your grandson and what payments does he make to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is 21 and pays £30 per week.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
If you wish to ensure that your grandson will have no claim on the property you need to ensure that he makes no financial contribution to any improvements or alterations.It would also be sensible to ensure that your Will gives your grandson time to move out (say six months or so)I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare