How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter a British Citizen lives in Miami FL with her US

This answer was rated:

My daughter a British Citizen lives in Miami FL with her US citizen husband and her daughter born in the USA with UK passport. She wishes to separate and come home to the UK, but is being threatened by her husband that he will deny her permission to travel to the UK. Can he do this, and what steps should she now take?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that your daughter will need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the Family Court to bring the child home to the UK.If he will not agree then I am afraid she will have to apply to the Family Court in Florida to deal with the matterI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you