How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34892
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can a grandparent get access to a grandchild? My son went to

This answer was rated:

can a grandparent get access to a grandchild? My son went to court and was given access every weekend but the mother has now stopped access. Obviously we are both upset my son has gone to the court and has some court papers to fill in but he doesn't want to see his daughter at a contact centre.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old is the child and why has the contact been stoppedClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the child is 2 and a half and Maria, the mother, says because I texted her about my son Nick going out a couple of times getting drunk this was enough to make her worry and stop access and it is a risk. Violet, the child, was at no risk because I was at home and I was looking after her and Nick just came home and went to bed it was really nothing so I don't know what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I spoke to Nick and he said he wouldn't do that any more and Maria said she would meet up with us all and we would talk but that never happened she has just cut us off she wont answer my phone calls or reply to my texts she wont let me even speak to Violet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would prefer just to type rather than talk as I am only on benefits and cannot afford to pay another £38 so can we deal with this by typing. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there
Just ignore the pop ups about phone calls etc - we can continue just as we are
The way forward is for your son to enforce the existing ocntact order so that the ocntact resumes just as before.
he will need to promise the court not to drink during ocntact but given that you are there as backup there is no reason why contact should not resume.
However only your son can deal with this
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help we will do what you have advised.