How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35215
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare, I'm actually looking partner. He and his wife are separat

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare, I'm actually looking for advice for my partner. He and his wife are separated and they have two children aged 5 and 3. He has access to them every other weekend and he has them stay overnight at his parents. His ex wife has a new partner who lives with her and the children, they have also just had a baby together. We have beendating for 6 months and he now lives with me. His ex wife has threatened to stop him seeing the children at all (something which deeply upsets him as he loves his children more than anything in the world) because of his new relationship with me. She has told him he cannot let the children anywhere near me and cannot have them overnight at his home which is now with me. She has also told him he can only have the children if he stays at his parents house and he cannot let them see anyone else other than his parents. He wants to know if she has any legal right to enforce these restrictions and if she can indeed stop him from having access simply by virtue o
HiThank you for your questionThe law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessaryYour partner has Parental Responsibility for his children and can decide what they do and who they meet when they are with them, provided of course he keeps them safe.Unless you are a direct risk to children (drink drugs mental health etc) - which I am sure you are not - then his ex cannot decide if the chidlren see you or notHe should make arrangements to discuss this with her using Family it clear that if she does not co-operate then he will apply for a Child Arrangement Order.he can read more on the site here hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you