How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Caroline The girls are showing mental and emotional

This answer was rated:

Hi Caroline The girls are showing mental and emotional stress when meeting their father. The Doctor has said that his visits - once a month should be reduced. Camhs and Mandala Project have said contact should be stopped and his parental responsibility stopped. As we are dealing with a very slippery character who has his human rights can you give any advice which way to go please.
Hello I hope that you are well. Did the GP, Camhs and the Mandala Project put this in writing for you? Did you approach the Local Authority about them funding your legal costs? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am at this point now. Family Rights Group have said that worst case possible on taking him back to court would be he gets to take them to live with him. So am scarred to do this as the girls would just have a mental breakdown. Also how much does the C100 cost to start the proceedings of.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Doctor did email social services who rang me and said that the girls have to be 18 years old before they can stop seeing their father.
Hello Given what the experts are saying then I really doubt that the court is going to see that as a viable option. The courts do try and promote a relationship between children and their parents - but such contact has to be in the childrens best interests. I am not sure why your GP was told that the girls had to be 18. This is incorrect. If the court was truly satisfied from the expert evidence that the children are suffering emotional harm as a result of spending time with their father, given what they have previously witnessed, then the courts can make an order that direct contact ceases. Contact could be promoted in other ways such as indirect contact if this meets the girls needs better. The girls are having a lot of therapy and it is important that this input helps them, given what they have been through before. The Court fee is £215 and this is payable when you send the C100 form to court. You may be eligible for a fee remission - dependent upon your circumstances - see Ex160 Form You should refer the case to mediation before you make an application to the court. If you dont do this then the court can reject your application. Its likely that the mediator will consider that mediation is unsuitable - given the history - and they will sign the C100 Form for you so you can apply to court. Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you