How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am one parent family my x is trying to get custody of my

This answer was rated:

i am one parent family my x is trying to get custody of my child can i get legal aid and court are asking for a section 37report and been called back to court is that good or bad
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - how old are your child/ren?- are they living with you?- who issued proceedings?- when was the Section 37 ordered?- what were the concerns that led to the S37 being ordered?- have you been a victim of domestic violence (physically, emotionally or financially ) in the last 2 years? perpetrated by the other party to the proceedings? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my child is one with me 4 nights and is dad 3 jut now i do not know about the concerns chaff cass or judge has asked for a s37 and no to the last question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is c37 please
Hello Thank you for your response. I am sorry but legal aid is only available for applications for a Child Arrangement Order if you been a victim of domestic violence (physically, emotionally or financially ) in the last 2 years. These are know as Private Law proceedings. A Section 37 is quite a serious report. It is a report that the Judge asks for he wants the Local Authority to decide whether they should parental responsibility for your child. There must have been some issues raised for such a report to be asked for? have you been informed what these concerns? If the Local Authority decided to bring proceedings in respect of the future care of your child - then you would be automatically be entitled to free legal advise - as you are a parent. These are known as public law proceedings. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you. Kind Regards ***** ***** you have found this service useful then please kindly remember to star my service helping you today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if its against me would they give him to is dad
Hello It is possible that the report could support placement with the father. Its hard to say not knowing what the issues are? Has there been any previous social services involvement? kind regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no its the father who has done this and my nun who say i am unfit but now my mums on my side
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what did they say about you?
if you are able to give me some idea as to what has been alleged - then I might be able to offer advice to put you in the right direction to help you further. Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
social services came but said there was no problem would the judge just give him to is dad with out this report
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i thought they went of cafcass report
Thats positive that social services had said that to you. The courts view is that a child is entitled to a relationship with both parents unless there are child protection reasons why not. The courts emphasis is equal parenting. I would still like a bit of an idea more as to what he has being saying about you. I ask now because this could be considered as emotional harm and might help you get legal aid. Cafcass are the courts children officers. Social services are part of the Local Authority. Their jobs are sort of similar, in that they can produce the same reports, but they work for different companies. The court will strongly be influenced by the Section 37 report. Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
who will do the c37 report
Hello Just in case this helps you: If what your ex has been saying about you has caused to suffer a condition such as stress - then take this letter to your GP and ask them to complete it for you. If they do - this will count as your domestic violence evidence so take the completed copy to a family solicitor so that they can also assess your income for legal aid. If you qualify they will be able to advise and represent you. Kindest Regards Caroline
Hello The S37 would be undertaken by one of the Local Authority's social workers. Hopefully the one who has already visited you and expressed no concerns! Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you will think it will help with a solicitor
Yes - if you can get the letter completed.Its helpful to have some in your corner!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my x had on and she was rubbish so he speaks for him self now this has been going on for 5 months now its a joke
But a Section 37 is a serious report - so its best to have someone telling you what everything means and what your options are.