How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son and his partner who are not married are not living

This answer was rated:

my son and his partner who are not married are not living together are arguing about their 4 year old son. she says that she has the right to say who my son can take his son to see when his son is with him. my grandson lives with his mother and my son halthough does not live with them has a big part in his life. is this true? can she tell my son that he cant take my grandson to see a feemale friend?
Hi, thanks for your question. What are the arrangements for him to see and spend time with his son? If the mother has concerns about the child then she has a right to raise this, however, if there are no concerns the father is free to choose who his son spends time with.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no visiting rights or rotas. he sees his son when he can and until she found out that he has been talking to a girl while he has his son she has said that she has the right to say who he can see. she also said that if she finds out that this female friend sees her son then she will not let her son go anywhere with his dad again.
this friend works with children and would in no way put my grandson in any danger. my grandson has never been without my son on the few occasions they have seen one another
Thank you. Is the father named on the birth certificate? Is he in a relationship with the female friend, and in what circumstances does the friend see the father and child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the fathers name is ***** ***** certificate. my grandsons got the same surname as my son.
no he is not in a relationship. she happens to be a neighbour of mine so has known her for several years. my son took my grandson down to the beach and the friend was walking along and see him. the time before that my son took my grandson to the pictures and he asked my grandsons mother if it was ok because his friend was taking the children that she looks after as well, my grandsons mother said yes thats ok but later said that she only said yes because she didnt feel well
Thanks - as he is on the birth certificate he has parental responsibility and a right to be involved regarding major decisions in the child's life and upbringing. In relation to the friend - the mother cannot prohibit this from happening. It appears that they are only minor social encounters and it does not raise any concerns regarding the child - therefore the mother cannot reasonably restrict this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much for your help. i will gt back to you if nessesery
Thank you - hope it goes well. You can ask for me directly if you have future questions by starting your question For Harris