How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35050
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am asking on behalf of a friend. She is French but was married

This answer was rated:

I am asking on behalf of a friend.
She is French but was married to an English man and lived and worked in England. She then returned to France to live with the father of her young daughter. He is also French. They split and he has joint custody although he was abusive to my friend. She now wants to return to live in England. Can she or will she be arrested?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you mean she wishes to bring the child to the UK?If so she will need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the French Courts.If she comes without either then yes she is at risk of an arrest for abductionPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you