How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Wife was employed by SWEB and died over 2 years ago. If

This answer was rated:

My Wife was employed by SWEB and died over 2 years ago. If I was to remarry would I lose the widows pension I receive.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you have a copy of the Pension Rules?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You need to request these first - indeed you may actually have themWho administers the pension for the SWEB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I can find is the monthly pay statements. These are from Western Power Distribution, Elliott Road Plymouth PL4 0SD.
Do you have the last annual statement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No cannot find it
The starting point is to conduct the pension Provider and ask for a copy of the Rules as the answer to your question is specific to that pension scheme.I have traced what I believe to be the scheme rules online here if I am correct that these are the rules then you can retain the pension after remarriagePlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you