How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Can an unmarried father obtain legal aid to oppose an application

This answer was rated:

Can an unmarried father obtain legal aid to oppose an application by the child's mother to curtail his rights to have access to the child and to have a say in matters concerning the child's well being such as schools, medical treatment and contacts with his relations?
Hi, thanks for your question. Legal aid for such matters will only be available if there is domestic violence in the past 24 months from the mother towards the father, or there is child abuse or risk of child abuse by the mother towards the children, and this is confirmed by strict evidence such as a conviction, caution, or social services reports. If you have the required evidence detailed above, your financial position will also need to be assessed in order for you to qualify. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you