How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband is having contact with his children after a long

This answer was rated:

My husband is having contact with his children after a long battle with his ex wife. He sees them every fortnight and as per the court order he is free to re introduce me to them on his next visit. My name is ***** ***** court order. I have an 11 year old child and it is my weekend with her, is she able to be introduced to the children if she is not named in the order?
Hi, thank you for your question. Was contact between your child and his children discussed at the hearing when the order was made? Are there further court hearings due to take place? I would be inclined to say that it would not be appropriate for his children to be introduced to your child especially as this is a reintroduction to you. It is a big step for them to be reintroduced to you, and it may be uncomfortable and potentially confusing for the children if there is a further child involved. If the coming session coincides with your contact with your child it may be best to postpone reintroduction for a time when you are not having contact with your child.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you