How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need to file absolute tomorrow along with statement

Customer Question

Hi i need to file for degree absolute tomorrow along with statement of truth as it's been 12 months and 15 days the degree nisi announced the reason for delay was the respondant went out of country for medical reasons and recently come back is there a standard format I should follow if there is where can I find it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. There is no standard form that you need to follow. The statement of truth is usually in the form of a statement explaining the reasons that there has been a delay to the application for Decree Absolute. You need to include your full name and address in the statement, and at the end you can state ‘I believe that the facts stated in this statement are true.' You can submit this along with your application for Decree Absolute. If your divorce petition was filed on or after 1 July 2013 is no fee for Decree Absolute. If it was filed before 1 July 2013 there is a £50 court fee for Decree Absolute. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.