How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

How much is it to take my ex to court to gain full custody

This answer was rated:

How much is it to take my ex to court to gain full custody of our 3 children
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.I am very sorry to hear that you are being denied a relationship with your 3 children.Please may I ask:- have you already tried mediation?- has your ex been physically, emotionally or financially abusive towards you in the last 2 years? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex is very difficult to get on with in the last 5 years all she has done is tell me when i can and cant see and talk to my kids her mother also gets involved and makes things very difficult she has blocked my number so im unable to contact my oldest who is 10. She refuses to let me see the kids she says maybe i can see them at easter she is very abusive in that way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only option we have is court she wont let me see the kids she just tells me if i want to see them i have to take her to court i have rung the social services and the police to check on my children as ive not been able to talk to them in a while.
Hello Thank you for your responses. I will prepare you an answer now. This will take me about 10 minutes. Kind regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there ?
Hello Firstly I want to let you know that it is the position of the courts that children are entitled to have a good relationship with both of their parents and this is only deviated from if there are child protection concerns. The courts consider parents as equal and they will make orders for the children to be made available to one parent if the other parent is unreasonably withholding the children from spending time with the parent. Before you can go to court - you do have to refer your case to family mediation. If you do not do this the court will automatically reject your application without even considering it. There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just google family mediation in your area and give the a call to get the ball rolling. If your ex wont engage in mediation or agreement cannot be reached then the mediator will sign the form that you need to apply to court. This is the form that you need for court: The court fee is £215. But you may be eligible for a waiver / reduction depending on your income. See this form: If you were to pay for a solicitor to help you - then you would be looking around £3 - £5k if the matter was fully contested. Legal aid is only available if you have domestic violence evidence and you qualify on means. Given what you have said about your ex treating you - it is worth taking this letter to your GP - if your GP considers that you are suffering with a condition such as stress as a result of your ex's behaviour towards you and they complete the form for you - take it to a legal aid solicitor so that they can assess your means: If you have to apply to court yourself - hen do not worry about this- a lot of people apply in person now and the court will help you through the process. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate my service so that I receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you