How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been divorced months. My Ex got he former matrimonial

Customer Question

I have been divorced for 18 months. My Ex got he former matrimonial home, but I have to stay on the mortgage as she does not earn sufficient to cover the mortgage. I need to come off the title deed. The mortgage lender is fine with this as long as I stay on the mortgage. The divorce paperwork stipulated my ex has to instigate the title deed transfer, but has not done so. How do I force this issue through the court. What forms to I lodge with the court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. You will need to submit an application to court to enforce the order to get the title transferred This can be done using Form D11 and a £155 court fee.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiJust to add to the above.Whilst it is your ex who is meant to do this since you are already in touch with the lender there is a great deal to besaid for having the TR1 prepared with the appropriate wording and send it to her for signature.If she will not sign then you can apply to the court and ask the Judge to sign instead.Clare
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.