How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My divorce settlement was agreed 3 years ago and signed by

This answer was rated:

my divorce settlement was agreed 3 years ago and signed by a judge. It was agreed on the balance of my pension pot so my ex got the house and a lump sum to make up the equivalent. in 3 years the house which is still in my name partly has rocketed in price. is it fair for her to reap the benefits of this housing boom which could not have been forseen.
Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, a lump sum or property transfer made in a final financial order as part of divorce cannot be varied unless there has been dishonesty or fraud in the proceedings. Furthermore, unforeseen circumstances are not grounds for variation.Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice. I have found it very useful if not the answer I wanted to hear.
No worries - if you have any further questions in the future you can ask for me directly by addressing your message For Harris. In the meantime please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you