How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law

I have been separated from my partner of 14 years (same sex

partner with no civil ceremony)... Show More
partner with no civil ceremony). We have three children together, all conceived through the same donor in Australia and all born in Australia (so they are brothers on the fathers side although I have birth to one child and she gave birth to twins). I stayed at home and raised all three babies for 7 years before we separated due to her having an affair. I've been having all three boys every other weekend and she has them on alternate weekends. She has now decided I cannot have the twins overnight, without any reason behind this decision. Can she do that? Do I have any rights to claim time with these boys, particularly as my son is their legal brother by blood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you all now live in the Uk - and how old are the children?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
We all live in the UK now. My 11yr old son and I have permanent residency, and the 8yr old twins have dual citizenship as my ex is English
Clare, Family Solicitor replied 2 years ago.
The issue for the court is the best interests of the children.You have been the parent of these chidlren their entire lives and it is clearly in their best interests for the current arrangements to continue.You should try and discuss matters with your ex using family that fails you will need to apply to the court for permission to apply for a Child Arrangement Order - which will be grantedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details