James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

Do i have to pay alimony if my 16 years okd daughter doesn't

Customer Question

Hi, do i have to pay alimony if my 16 years okd daughter doesn't live with my exwife anymore?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter lives with her boyfriend in UK now. My wife went back to Latvia.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, me and my wife got divorced in september 2014, in that time we lived in UK and our daughter was 14 year old. But now my exwife went live back to Latvia and my daughter doesn't live with her mother anymore. She's 16 now and lives with her boyfriend in UK. Do I still have to pay alimony or that is any change in this situation? Thank you for all the information
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Please may I ask: - is there a current court order in respect of maintenance?- is maintenance being paid through a private arrangement or through the Child Maintenance Service?- are you in the UK? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Yes, I live in UK now. With my new wife and son now. I'm paying by private agreement, but yes, there is a court order.
Hello Thank you for your response. Please may I ask: - when was the court order made? what does it say? Kind Regards Caroline