How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am going through separation with my wife. We have sold our

This answer was rated:

I am going through separation with my wife. We have sold our house and I expect approx £150000 half share. The sale has not gone through yet. Can I buy a house dependant on this sum. My wife's solicitor has suggested that we both rent for 6 months until our finances are divided. I do not want to rent and want my full half share of the house.
Hi, thanks for your question. It is your decision whether you wish to purchase a new house or not. However, has there been a financial agreement alongside the divorce? Do you both have children? What other assets do you each have?
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not agreed to a divorce. We have 2 children, one 20 year old living in a flat and a 17 year old who will live with me. I have a final salary pension with a transfer value of £460000 my wife has smaller pensions of which I do not know the value.