How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My husband has just come home from hospital and needs a care

Customer Question

My husband has just come home from hospital and needs a care package which he will have to pay for. Unfortunately his money is all in his name and I don't have Power of Attorney. How can I access these costs, or, if I pay them myself can I get the money spent deducted from the money he leaves when he dies intestate? He seems to have an element of dementia now as he is wandering around our flat all hours of the day and night and 'I can't remember' is his stock answer to any thing I ask him.
I'm not completely stupid it is just that when we married nine years ago he was broke so powers of attorney and wills didn't seem relevant.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.What money does he actually have?