My mother has dementia and owns her own home, how can we protect

my mother has dementia and owns her own home, how can we protect our inheritance or is it to late because she may have to go in to a care home.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the property worth and how long has she owned it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 220.000 about 25 years
Has she always been the only owner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mum and dad owns the house but dad died seven years ago
What income does your mother have - and are there any other assets that could be used to pay for her care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has about 16.500 in savings that's all, she has a personal pension of about 650 per month plus state pension
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any more questions?
My apologies for the delay.Would you wish/be able to let the property to produce an income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but it would not produce enough income, a care home is probably 750 a week but we would only get 750 per month
There will be various allowances as well - more details here it is too late to take any action to prevent the value of the property being taken into account - your only possible option is to delay the saleI am sorry to give bad newsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome I hope all goes well